A hybrid event is any event–conference, training seminar, trade expo, etc.–that combines physical events with a virtual event platform.
Hybrid events may appear to be a new trend, although they have been around for a long time. IBM, for example, combined a live video broadcast with an internet chat room in 1997 to allow business conference participants from all around the world to engage. Because of technical improvements that have made hybrid events more accessible and with a wider reach, they have risen in popularity since then.
A successful event is one that leaves attendees with a lasting impression. Whether it’s a hybrid event, a traditional conference, or a trade show, there are a number of technologies that can help a brand enhance attendee engagement. Participant engagement can be increased through live polls, word clouds, Q & A sessions, live trivia quizzes, and mobile apps
Hybrid Event Engagement Tools
Live polls: Through live polls, event organisers receive real-time feedback from attendees, which can help keep the conversation going and everyone involved. They can also be used to poll participants on event-related topics or to get feedback on potential new features or changes for future events. Furthermore, live polling may encourage guests to vote more frequently so they can see the results, making them feel more competitive.
Live quizzes: Live quizzes can boost audience engagement by giving a fun and interactive way for attendees to participate in hybrid events. Quizzes can be used to recap information from previous sessions or to give a sneak peek at what will be covered in future sessions. They can also be used to break up long panels or speeches.
Live Q & A: Q & A sessions can help to create a more engaging event experience by allowing attendees to ask presenters and panelists direct questions. They can also help attendees and speakers develop bonds, leading to additional opportunity for interaction.
Word Clouds: Public relations and marketing professionals have traditionally used word clouds to engage audiences. A word cloud is a visual representation of the words spoken or written in a text. The bigger a word was, the more frequently it was used.
They are designed to help individuals understand and recall complex information by offering a visual representation of its crucial components. At hybrid events, which combine online and in-person interactions, word clouds can be used to great advantage to keep attendees interested.
Event apps: Event applications can provide a wealth of information about the event while also connecting attendees. They can also be used to provide real-time event updates and boost audience participation. In the hybrid live event platform, event applications can be quite valuable for keeping attendees connected.
In the last couple of years, we have seen that as the COVID protocols were put strictly in place. Events saw limited offline presence, businesses have started investing more in online or hybrid events as it benefited them in multiple ways.
Benefits of Hybrid events
1) Increased reach: Hybrid event platforms offer a greater reach than traditional conferences because of their internet component. As a result, it reaches a larger audience from across the world.
2) Enhanced Participant Engagement: One of the most notable benefits of hybrid events is that they result in higher levels of participation. This is owing to the fact that guests can choose to attend live sessions or view them on demand afterwards.
3) Reach the target audience: Hybrid live events are designed to appeal to a specific demographic. This is accomplished by ensuring that the content of sessions is interesting and useful.
4) Brand awareness:Hybrid live events are a great way to promote brand recognition as well. Attendees will be able to see who is giving the presentation and obtain a better idea of the company. It contributes to the company’s overall growth.
5) Increase social media followers: Virtual attendees can engage with each other using hybrid event platforms without having to physically attend the event, resulting in an increase in their social media following and, as a result, business growth.
6) Achieving business goals: Hybrid live events can help you achieve your company’s goals and objectives. For example, if you want to advertise your brand by reaching a wider virtual audience or increasing sales, hybrid events are the way to go.
7) Increased revenue: With hybrid events, sponsorship opportunities are more prevalent. This is because companies can sponsor live sessions as well as any products or services that are presented at your conference to both onsite and virtual attendees.
8) Increased ROI:Hybrid live event platforms provide a higher return on investment for organisers than traditional conferences since they provide more value. This will also assist event planners in planning future events.
9) Data Generation: In comparison to offline events, collecting and recording consumer data is easier at a hybrid event. These data points are something that every brand hopes to take advantage of.
Wayforward-Hybrid events are beneficial in the long run, since they are sustainable, profitable, and easily accessible. It assists brands in reaching a broader audience and increasing their presence. Hybrid events are here to stay because they have improved the connection between sellers and customers.